Boyd represents clients in court and before federal agencies on issues of administrative law and statutory interpretation. He has written briefs in cases before the Supreme Court, the D.C., Fifth, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits, and in federal district courts.
- Represents transportation company in Administrative Procedure Act challenge before the D.C. Circuit.
- Represents coalition of trade group and businesses in Administrative Procedure Act challenge to agency rulemaking before federal district court.
- Represented wireless industry in successfully defending FCC orders against Administrative Procedure Act challenge. City of Portland v. United States, 969 F.3d 1020 (9th Cir. 2020).
- Authored brief in first-of-its-kind administrative appeal, leading to agency-level opinion that licensing decision was arbitrary and capricious.
- Authored amicus brief on behalf of a national political party that was cited favorably in the Supreme Court’s majority opinion in Chiafalo v. Washington, 140 S. Ct. 2316 (2020), affirming the constitutionality of state laws penalizing a presidential elector for faithlessly voting on the Electoral College ballot.
- Authored amicus brief before the en banc Fifth Circuit, resulting in favorable outcome on novel statutory interpretation issue. Cargill v. Garland, 57 F.4th 447 (5th Cir. 2023).
- Regularly authors amicus briefs before appellate courts, delivering favorable outcomes on issues of administrative and constitutional law. See, e.g., Americans for Prosperity Foundation v. Bonta, 141 S. Ct. 2373 (2021); Torres v. Texas Dep’t of Pub. Safety, 142 S. Ct. 2455 (2022).
- Law Clerk, Texas Attorney General, Office of the Solicitor General (2016)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- The Federalist Society
J.D., cum laude, Harvard Law School
B.B.A., summa cum laude, The University of Texas at San Antonio
Executive Editor, Harvard Law School Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Richard J. Leon, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2021-2022)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Eighth, Ninth, Eleventh, and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and North Dakota
Related News & Insights
- AlertFCC Kicks Off Voluntary IoT Security Label Program With Big NPRMSara M. Baxenberg, Megan L. Brown, Kathleen E. Scott, Joshua S. Turner, Boyd GarriottAugust 14, 2023
- AlertSEC Adopts Controversial New Cybersecurity Disclosure Rules for Public CompaniesMegan L. Brown, Kevin B. Muhlendorf, Kathleen E. Scott, Jacqueline F. "Lyn" Brown, Boyd Garriott, Jillian M. QuigleyAugust 1, 2023
- Blog PostCalifornia AG Initiates CCPA Investigations, Despite Setback in CourtWiley ConnectKathleen E. Scott, Joan Stewart, Tyler Bridegan, Boyd GarriottJuly 19, 2023
- Press ReleaseNRSC asks Supreme Court to respect and preserve the First Amendment rights of elected officeholders using social media platformsJuly 6, 2023