Our team of attorneys combines deep knowledge of substantive privacy and data governance requirements with broad experience dealing with regulatory and enforcement agencies at every phase of an investigation. We bring a multidisciplinary, tech-savvy, and solutions-oriented approach to assisting clients with complex privacy and data governance issues – from data breaches to questions about statutory compliance – when regulators get involved.
Our federal expertise includes matters implicating the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). We have expertise in state statutes governing unfair and deceptive practices (UDAP), as well as biometric privacy laws such as the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA). We also have extensive experience advising clients on the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
We have particular expertise handling all phases of inquiries from the Federal Trade Commission and State Attorneys General. We help to handle civil investigative demands and subpoenas, advise on regulatory engagement, and negotiate favorable outcomes. Our deep familiarity with regulators’ practices and enforcement priorities allows us to help clients develop an effective approach to navigate a privacy enforcement landscape that is constantly shifting.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain and Digital Assets
- Connected & Autonomous Vehicles
- Cyber Insurance
- Digital Health
- GDPR and Global Privacy
- Privacy Investigations and Enforcement
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the California Consumer Privacy Rights and Enforcement Act (CPRA)
- Transactional Support and Due Diligence on Privacy and Cybersecurity
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterWiley Consumer Protection Download (May 10, 2021)Franchise WatchMay 10, 2021Duane C. Pozza, Antonio J. Reynolds, Stephen J. Conley
- NewsletterWiley Consumer Protection Download (April 26, 2021)Wiley Consumer Protection DownloadApril 26, 2021Duane C. Pozza, Antonio J. Reynolds, Stephen J. Conley
- AlertSupreme Court Curbs FTC Power to Seek Monetary ReliefApril 22, 2021Duane C. Pozza, Megan L. Brown, Scott D. Delacourt, Thomas M. Johnson Jr., Kathleen E. Scott
- NewsletterWiley Consumer Protection Download (April 12, 2021)Wiley Consumer Protection DownloadApril 12, 2021Duane C. Pozza, Antonio J. Reynolds, Stephen J. Conley