Tyler provides counsel to media, communications, and information technology clients in a wide range of litigation, transactional, government investigations, and regulatory matters. His experience includes matters involving exchange carrier acquisitions, foreign ownership, retransmission consent rules, deal diligence, and client counseling related to an extensive array of federal and state laws and regulations such as the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), and other privacy laws. Prior to joining Wiley, Tyler served as an attorney advisor in the FCC’s Video Division and as acting legal advisor to FCC Commissioner Nathan Simington on media issues.
- Represents companies in all stages of investigations before the FTC and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
- Assists clients in matters before the FCC and Team Telecom, including drafting transfer of control and assignment applications for satellite and broadcast licensees, and advising clients on structuring transactions.
- Counsels on emerging blockchain and crypto asset regulation at the federal and state level, including consumer protection issues related to non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Conducts data privacy and cybersecurity diligence related to corporate transactions.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice, which includes substantial courtroom experience while serving as a Guardian ad Litem.
- Associate, Private law practice (2021-2022)
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Acting Media Legal Advisor, Office of Commissioner Simington (2020-2021)
- Attorney-Advisor, Video Division, Media Bureau (2019-2021)
- Adjunct Professor – Legal Writing, University of North Texas College of Law (2020-2021)
- Adjunct Professor – Legal Writing, Mitchell Hamline School of Law (2019-2020)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Video Programming and Distribution Committee (2021-Present)
- Charity Auction Committee Member (2022-Present)
- Asian & Middle Eastern Lawyers Group
- LGBTQ+ Lawyers Group
J.D., with honors, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., University of Oklahoma
Senior Editor, Georgetown Environmental Law Review
Senior Staff, Georgetown Law Technology Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Leo I. Brisbois, U.S. District Court of Minnesota (2018-2019)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Steven M. Wellner, Superior Court of the District of Columbia (2017-2018)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Texas Bar
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostFTC Uses Enforcement Proceeding to Send Message on Account Security PracticesWiley ConnectMegan L. Brown, Tyler Bridegan, Stephen J. Conley, Tawanna D. LeeJuly 1, 2022
- NewsletterTop Developments to Watch at the FTC on PrivacyPrivacy In FocusJune/July 2022
- NewsletterCalifornia Privacy Protection Agency Releases Draft CPRA RegulationsPrivacy In FocusJune/July 2022
- EventThe FTC’s Changing Approach to PrivacyWileyJune 15, 2022