Tyler’s practice focuses on consumer protection issues, with a particular concentration on privacy, cyber, antitrust, and telecom law.
Tyler frequently represents clients in government investigations, enforcement actions, and rulemakings before the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and the Multistate Attorneys General.
Tyler assists clients with all aspects of their U.S. and GDPR privacy and cyber compliance, including evaluating product risks and corporate transactions, as well as assisting clients with responding to data breaches and complying with sector-specific obligations, such as the FCC’s Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) requirements.
Tyler also litigates a range of matters, including those involving the False Claims Act, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and copyright infringement, as well as class actions. Tyler has been named a “Litigator of the Week” by American Lawyer Media’s Litigation Daily.
Tyler serves on Wiley’s Associates Committee and is a member of Wiley’s Asian & Middle Eastern and LGBTQ+ Lawyers Group.
- Advises and assists businesses and trade groups with drafting comments in rulemakings. Recent examples include:
- FTC Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) Act Rulemaking
- FTC Merger Guidelines Rulemaking
- FCC 12.7 GHz Rulemaking
- FTC Commercial Surveillance and Data Security Rulemaking
- Represents clients in government investigations by state and federal agencies, including the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and Multistate Attorneys General. Recent examples include:
- Representing a consumer-facing artificial intelligence (AI) client in a data privacy FTC investigation.
- Representing a student loan-adjacent client in a CFPB investigation.
- Representing a client under joint investigation by the FCC, FTC, and Multistate Attorneys General in relation to a data breach.
- Assists clients with all stages of litigation, including recent matters such as:
- Successfully persuading potential plaintiffs to drop Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA) claims.
- Recovering over $1 million for a client in a copyright suit.
- Filing an amicus brief on behalf of a client in SEC v. Covington.
- Advises clients on their obligations under the FTC Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), CAN-SPAM, and state privacy and telemarketing laws.
- Counsels on issues related to emerging technologies, including blockchain, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and AI.
- Associate, Private law practice (2021-2022)
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Acting Media Legal Advisor, Office of Commissioner Simington (2020-2021)
- Attorney-Advisor, Video Division, Media Bureau (2019-2021)
- Adjunct Professor – Legal Writing, University of North Texas College of Law (2020-2021)
- Adjunct Professor – Legal Writing, Mitchell Hamline School of Law (2019-2020)
- Board of Editors, The Global Regulatory Developments Journal (2023-Present)
- European Privacy Certified – International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Privacy & Information Security Committee’s Young Lawyer Advisory Panel, American Bar Association (ABA)
- DC Bar Foundation
- Co-Chair of Sponsorship, Young Lawyers Network Leadership Council (2022-Present)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Video Programming and Distribution Committee (2021-2023)
- Charity Auction Committee Member (2022-2023)
J.D., with honors, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., University of Oklahoma
Senior Editor, Georgetown Environmental Law Review
Senior Staff, Georgetown Law Technology Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Leo I. Brisbois, U.S. District Court of Minnesota (2018-2019)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Steven M. Wellner, Superior Court of the District of Columbia (2017-2018)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Texas Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertRansomware Attacker Files SEC Complaint to Increase Pressure on VictimJacqueline F. "Lyn" Brown, Megan L. Brown, Kathleen E. Scott, Tyler Bridegan, Joshua K. WaldmanNovember 17, 2023
- AlertCracks in the State Privacy Law Foundation: State Privacy Law Challenges See Success in District and State CourtsMegan L. Brown, Kathleen E. Scott, Boyd Garriott, Tyler Bridegan, Kelly LaughlinOctober 5, 2023
- AlertCFPB Poised to Significantly Expand the Reach of the Fair Credit Reporting ActDuane C. Pozza, Kathleen E. Scott, Tyler BrideganAugust 23, 2023
- Blog PostCalifornia AG Initiates CCPA Investigations, Despite Setback in CourtWiley ConnectKathleen E. Scott, Joan Stewart, Tyler Bridegan, Boyd GarriottJuly 19, 2023