Tyler provides counsel to clients across multiple industries on compliance with current federal, state, and international privacy and cybersecurity laws and regulations, including those under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Federal Trade Commission Act, CAN-SPAM, and telemarketing laws. Tyler also assists companies with responding to data breaches, conducting internal investigations, and addressing government investigations, including investigations by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
In addition, Tyler represents clients in a wide array of litigation in state and federal courts, including copyright disputes, breach of contract claims, and administrative issues.
Tyler also advises clients on wireless and broadcast issues in front of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), including assignments and transfers of control applications, foreign ownership, and rulemakings.
Prior to joining Wiley, Tyler served as an attorney advisor in the FCC’s Video Division and as acting legal advisor to FCC Commissioner Nathan Simington on media issues.
- Represents companies in all stages of investigations before the FTC and the CFPB.
- Assists clients in matters before the FCC and Team Telecom, including drafting transfer of control and assignment applications for satellite and broadcast licensees, and advising clients on structuring transactions.
- Counsels on emerging blockchain and crypto asset regulation at the federal and state level, including consumer protection issues related to non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Conducts data privacy and cybersecurity diligence related to corporate transactions.
- Maintains an active litigation pro bono practice, which includes substantial courtroom experience while serving as a Guardian ad Litem.
- Associate, Private law practice (2021-2022)
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Acting Media Legal Advisor, Office of Commissioner Simington (2020-2021)
- Attorney-Advisor, Video Division, Media Bureau (2019-2021)
- Adjunct Professor – Legal Writing, University of North Texas College of Law (2020-2021)
- Adjunct Professor – Legal Writing, Mitchell Hamline School of Law (2019-2020)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Privacy & Information Security Committee’s Young Lawyer Advisory Panel (2022-Present)
- DC Bar Foundation, Young Lawyers Network Leadership Council (2022-Present)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Video Programming and Distribution Committee (2021-Present)
- Charity Auction Committee Member (2022-Present)
- Asian & Middle Eastern Lawyers Group
- LGBTQ+ Lawyers Group
J.D., with honors, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., University of Oklahoma
Senior Editor, Georgetown Environmental Law Review
Senior Staff, Georgetown Law Technology Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Leo I. Brisbois, U.S. District Court of Minnesota (2018-2019)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Steven M. Wellner, Superior Court of the District of Columbia (2017-2018)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Texas Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertFCC Announces Upcoming Release of National Broadband Map; BEAD Program Allocations to FollowCharles McKee, Ari Meltzer, Kevin G. Rupy, Tyler BrideganNovember 11, 2022
- Blog PostPrivacyCon 2022: FTC Hears from Researchers on Wide Range of Topics, Many of Which Overlap With Its Ongoing Privacy and Security EffortsWiley ConnectDuane C. Pozza, Kathleen E. Scott, Tyler Bridegan, Travis StollerNovember 2, 2022
- EventClass Action Trends: Website Tracking Pixels and Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA) ClaimsWileyOctober 27, 2022
- Blog PostWith 2023 Compliance Deadlines Looming for Several New State Privacy Laws, California and Colorado Release Draft Privacy RulesWiley ConnectKathleen E. Scott, Joan Stewart, Tyler Bridegan, Scott BouboulisOctober 19, 2022