Tyler provides counsel to clients across multiple industries on compliance with current federal, state, and international privacy and cybersecurity laws and regulations, including those under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Federal Trade Commission Act, CAN-SPAM, and telemarketing laws. Tyler also assists companies with responding to investigations by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). In addition, Tyler assists companies with responding to data breaches, including helping companies navigate sector-specific obligations, such as Team Telecom and the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) requirements.
On the litigation front, Tyler represents clients in a wide array of issues in state and federal court, including copyright disputes, breach of contract claims, and administrative issues. Tyler has also drafted amicus briefs on behalf of various trade groups.
Tyler also advises clients on wireless and broadcast issues in front of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), including assignments and transfers of control applications, foreign ownership, and rulemakings.
Prior to joining Wiley, Tyler served as an attorney advisor in the FCC’s Video Division and as acting legal advisor to FCC Commissioner Nathan Simington on media issues.
- Represents companies in all stages of investigations before the FTC and the CFPB.
- Assists clients in matters before the FCC and Team Telecom, including drafting transfer of control and assignment applications for satellite and broadcast licensees, and advising clients on structuring transactions.
- Counsels on emerging blockchain and crypto asset regulation at the federal and state level, including consumer protection issues related to non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Conducts data privacy and cybersecurity diligence related to corporate transactions.
- Maintains an active litigation pro bono practice, which includes substantial courtroom experience while serving as a Guardian ad Litem.
- Associate, Private law practice (2021-2022)
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Acting Media Legal Advisor, Office of Commissioner Simington (2020-2021)
- Attorney-Advisor, Video Division, Media Bureau (2019-2021)
- Adjunct Professor – Legal Writing, University of North Texas College of Law (2020-2021)
- Adjunct Professor – Legal Writing, Mitchell Hamline School of Law (2019-2020)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) - European Privacy
- American Bar Association (ABA), Privacy & Information Security Committee’s Young Lawyer Advisory Panel (2022-Present)
- DC Bar Foundation, Young Lawyers Network Leadership Council (2022-Present)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Video Programming and Distribution Committee (2021-Present)
- Charity Auction Committee Member (2022-Present)
- Asian & Middle Eastern Lawyers Group
- LGBTQ+ Lawyers Group
J.D., with honors, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., University of Oklahoma
Senior Editor, Georgetown Environmental Law Review
Senior Staff, Georgetown Law Technology Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Leo I. Brisbois, U.S. District Court of Minnesota (2018-2019)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Steven M. Wellner, Superior Court of the District of Columbia (2017-2018)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Texas Bar
Related News & Insights
- Media MentionFTC extends comment period on cloud computing security notice, announces public eventInside CybersecurityMay 5, 2023
- Media MentionAttorneys: FTC request for comment on cloud security could mean more federal cyber regulationInside CybersecurityApril 3, 2023
- EventUnderstanding the Impacts of the Growing Patchwork of State Privacy LawsFCBAMarch 27, 2023
- Blog PostFTC Joins the Cloud Security DiscussionWiley ConnectMegan L. Brown, Duane C. Pozza, Tyler Bridegan, Lauren N. Johnson, Joshua K. WaldmanMarch 27, 2023