Stacey is an associate in the firm’s Litigation and White Collar Defense & Government Investigations Practices. Her representative matters include corporate clients and individuals involved in a variety of complex litigation matters. She drafts pleadings and motions filed in state and federal courts, takes depositions, and argues motions before federal magistrate judges.
Prior to private practice, Stacey served as law clerk to the Honorable Rossie D. Alston, Jr., during his terms as a judge on the Court of Appeals of Virginia and the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Virginia (known as the “Rocket Docket”).
- Represents a widely-recognized brand targeted by an illegal robocall scam that infringes on the brand's mark and violates the Telemarketing Sales Rule.
- Represents a secondary lead smelter in defense of multiple suits arising from alleged lead exposure.
- Counsels government contractor in negotiation of government contract.
- Defending buyer of $250 million company in dispute over post-closing purchase price adjustment.
- Defended corporate and individual clients in transnational arbitrations and litigation.
- Successfully represented restauranteur against former partner for fraud and conspiracy that caused the shutdown of acclaimed restaurants.
- Provides defamation counseling.
- Represents parties in intellectual property disputes involving domain names and trademarks in federal and international forums.
- Extern, Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney, Roanoke City (2016):
- First-chaired a jury trial under supervision and successfully obtained a guilty conviction.
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Marla Graff Decker, Court of Appeals of Virginia (2016)
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Robert J. Humphreys, Court of Appeals of Virginia (2015)
- Intern, Office of the Attorney General of Virginia, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (2015)
- Federal Bar Association, Northern Virginia Chapter
- Young Lawyers Committee, Co-Chair
J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law
B.A., College of William and Mary
Senior Articles Editor, Journal of Civil Rights and Social Justice
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Rossie D. Alston, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (2019-2020)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Rossie D. Alston, Jr., Court of Appeals of Virginia (2017-2019)
Bar and Court Memberships
- Virginia Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado