Scott, an experienced senior-level Capitol Hill staffer and public policy advocate, assists clients to advance their business interests in Washington, DC. Throughout his career, he has worked closely with members of Congress on both sides of the aisle, as well as Committee staff and government agencies.
- Effectively assisted clients with legislative priorities working with congressional members and staff regarding transportation, health care, homeland security, financial services, tax, labor, environmental, appropriations, and telecommunications issues.
- Developed and implemented successful lobbying campaigns as well as comprehensive coalitions on a variety of issues.
- Represented clients on high profile matters in the health care space, addressing Affordable Care Act (ACA) issues such as Medicaid expansion, Exchange provisions, Drug Rebate Equalization, FMAP, Medicare Advantage Star Ratings, and Health Insurance Tax.
- Served as Chief Lobbyist for high-priority legislative, political, and media efforts for private sector entities.
- Secured critical funding for aviation programs and initiatives through the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) appropriations processes.
- Procured legislative and political intelligence that enabled associations and corporations to anticipate threats and take advantage of opportunities on Capitol Hill.
- Monitored and tracked legislative and political actions that impacted associations and corporations.
- Vice President of Government and Political Affairs, Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) (2007-2009)
- Chief of Staff, Office of Rep. Katherine Harris (2005-2007)
- Policy Advisor, Office of Rep. John Sullivan (2003-2005)
- Legislative Representative and PAC Manager, National Association of Home Builders (2002-2003)
- Legislative Associate, Stateside Associates (2002)
- Named to The Hill’s “Top Lobbyists: Hired Guns” (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
B.A., University of South Carolina
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseScott Weaver Named One of The Hill’s ‘Top Lobbyists’ for Fifth Consecutive YearDecember 3, 2021
- Press ReleaseScott Weaver Named One of The Hill’s ‘Top Lobbyists’ for Fourth Consecutive YearDecember 10, 2020
- AlertCOVID-19 Sparks Myriad of New Proposals for Incentives on Reshoring and Rebuilding U.S. Supply Chains and ManufacturingTimothy C. Brightbill, Christopher B. Weld, Scott WeaverMay 20, 2020
- AlertU.S. House HEROES Act and the Road AheadScott Weaver, Gregg L. Elias, Hap RigbyMay 15, 2020