Saskia has more than 20 years of experience in the environmental regulatory field, working first as a consultant hotline representative at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and then with counsel to provide environmental, occupational safety and health, and transportation compliance consulting services to industry association and corporate clients.
- Monitors and analyzes proposed state, federal, and international environmental initiatives covering a variety of topics, including product collection and recycling, environmental labeling, hazardous waste management, air and water emission controls, employee health and safety, and hazardous materials transportation.
- Works extensively with the automotive and consumer battery industries, including assisting with the development of a national recycling program for portable, rechargeable batteries.
- Assists clients with matters concerning EPA requirements under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Act (EPCRA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), and the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA).
- Assists clients with matters concerning EPA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), and Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) requirements affecting the battery industry.
- Produces monthly newsletter summarizing legislative and regulatory developments affecting battery and product manufacturers.
- Plans and coordinates Environment, Health, and Safety seminars for industry association client.
- Coordinates development of used battery transportation safety training materials, including instructional posters and videos.
- Develops and conducts training on hazard communication standards as they impact battery labeling and safety data sheets.
- Assists with web content development projects for industry association clients.
- TSCA Hotline Information Specialist, EPA (1988-1991). Staff to an on-site contractor that provided the industry, the agency, and the public with expertise on multiple environmental statutes and derivative regulations
- Field Technician, EPA National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program (1987). Staff member, University of Pennsylvania Whiteface Mountain (NY) team
- Plant Technician, Rock Creek National Park, National Park Service (1986)
- Environmental Law Institute (ELI)
Related News & Insights
- AlertEPA’s Important Public Meeting on New Chemicals Is Next Week Tuesday, December 10; Deadline for Online Requests to Speak at the Meeting Is This Friday, December 6Erik C. Baptist, Martha E. Marrapese, Saskia MooneyDecember 3, 2019
- AlertEPA Issues Proposed Rule on Chemical Identity CBI Claims Substantiation and ReviewTracy Heinzman, Martha E. Marrapese, Keith A. Matthews, Saskia MooneyMay 20, 2019
- Blog PostEPA Issues Proposed Rule on Chemical Identity CBI Claims Substantiation and ReviewThe WELLTracy Heinzman, Martha E. Marrapese, Keith A. Matthews, Saskia MooneyMay 20, 2019
- AlertThe Updated TSCA Inventory: EPA Extends Corrective Filing DeadlineTracy Heinzman, Martha E. Marrapese, Keith A. Matthews, Saskia MooneyMay 13, 2019