Sara counsels and represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability insurance policies.
- Advises insurers on a wide range of coverage issues, including applicability of various coverage agreements, exclusions and conditions.
- Conducts legal research addressing a spectrum of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with ongoing litigation in federal and state courts.
- U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
- Branch Chief, Transportation, Leisure and Structured Finance Group (2004-2005)
- Special Counsel, Transportation, Leisure and Structured Finance Group (2002-2004)
- Staff Attorney, Financial Services and Computers/Online Services Groups (1999-2002)
M.S., Maryland University of Integrative Health
J.D., Marshall-Wythe School of Law, The College of William & Mary
B.S., University of Virginia
Member, William and Mary Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterE&O Coverage for Embezzlement Precluded by Commingling ExclusionExecutive SummaryJune 2020
- NewsletterBreach of Contract Exclusion Applies to Lost Profits AwardExecutive SummaryApril 2020
- Newsletter“May” and “Might” are Sufficiently Clear and Unambiguous to Support Rescission ClaimExecutive SummaryJanuary 2020
- NewsletterNo Coverage for Wrongful Death Suit after a Doctor’s Guilty Plea in Criminal ActionExecutive SummaryNovember 1, 2019