Sara counsels and represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability insurance policies.
- Advises insurers on a wide range of coverage issues, including applicability of various coverage agreements, exclusions and conditions.
- Conducts legal research addressing a spectrum of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with ongoing litigation in federal and state courts.
- U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
- Branch Chief, Transportation, Leisure and Structured Finance Group (2004-2005)
- Special Counsel, Transportation, Leisure and Structured Finance Group (2002-2004)
- Staff Attorney, Financial Services and Computers/Online Services Groups (1999-2002)
M.S., Maryland University of Integrative Health
J.D., Marshall-Wythe School of Law, The College of William & Mary
B.S., University of Virginia
Member, William and Mary Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterDisclosure of False Claims Act Investigation Not Required by Policy Application QuestionsExecutive SummaryJanuary 2021
- NewsletterMalpractice Insurer Not Liable for Bad Faith for Rejecting Settlement Demand Within LimitsExecutive SummaryNovember 2020
- NewsletterInsured v. Insured Exclusion Held Not to Bar Action Brought by Creditor TrustExecutive SummaryOctober 5, 2020
- NewsletterNo Coverage under Lawyer’s Professional Liability Policy for Client’s Lost Settlement FundsExecutive SummarySeptember 2020