Ricky advises clients on health care regulatory compliance, transactional, and litigation matters, including administration of Medicare Parts C and D, Medicaid, and pharmacy benefit management (PBM) programs. He also counsels health care companies on legal issues resulting from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (HHS OIG), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and state government enforcement actions, internal investigations and complicated disputes, subpoenas, and lawsuits, including actions under the False Claims Act (FCA), and the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS).
- Advised top executives to develop legal and business strategies aligned with legislation, including statutory changes for Medicare plans.
- Completed extensive policy research and analysis regarding Medicare coverage for medical devices and Medicaid program challenges. See, e.g., GAO, Medicare: CMS Should Evaluate Providing Coverage for Disposable Medical Devices That Could Substitute for Durable Medical Equipment, GAO-17-600 (Washington, D.C., July 17, 2017).
- Director, Health Policy Counsel, CVS Health (2020-2021)
- Senior Staff Counsel, Office of General Counsel (2017-2020), Health Care Analyst, Health Care Policy Unit (2014-2017), U.S. Government Accountability Office
- Senior Research Associate, Hospital Programs & Policy, America's Essential Hospitals (2012-2014)
- Senior Research Associate, Pew Center on the States, The Pew Charitable Trusts (2011-2012)
- Health Care Policy Analyst, Office of Program Policy Analysis & Government Accountability, Florida Legislature (2009-2011)
- Senior Government Affairs Manager, Bureau of Environmental Health, Florida Department of Health (2006-2009)
American Health Law Association
- National LGBTQ+ Bar Association
- Received the GAO Integrity Award from the U.S. Comptroller General in recognition of exemplary legal analysis within the Office of General Counsel (2020)
J.D., Columbus School of Law, The Catholic University of America
M.S., Florida State University
M.P.A., Florida State University
B.S., Florida State University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar