Payton provides legal counsel to space and satellite, telecommunications, and emerging technology clients on a variety of regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters.
- Represents clients in matters involving Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulation of wireless and satellite telecommunications services, and provides counsel on a variety of licensing, operational, and spectrum policy and allocation matters.
- Assists clients with licensing and authorization of both Geostationary and Non-Geostationary Satellite Orbit systems, as well as Earth stations, with the FCC. Provides guidance on satellite service regulations, including rules for fixed- and mobile-satellite services, small satellite services, earth exploration satellite services, and inter-satellite services.
- Conducts regulatory due diligence and risk assessments for space and satellite services transactions.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice.
- Summer Intern, Federal Communications Commission (2019)
- Senior Policy Analyst, Americans for Prosperity (2017-2018)
- Policy Analyst (2015-2017), Research Assistant (2014-2015), The LIBRE Initiative
J.D., Harvard Law School
M.A., first class honors, University of Edinburgh
Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar