Niovi represents clients in mergers and acquisitions, investments and complex partnerships with a focus on legal implications of strategic alliances, growth strategies, financing, compliance and general corporate matters. She also has significant experience working with international as well as with emerging and growth companies advising them on matters relating to scaling up and global markets entry. Prior to joining Wiley, Niovi advised innovative companies on strategic and legal matters with a transatlantic focus, including a NYC-based fintech company engineering first generation financial products. Prior to that, Niovi worked as the Assistant General Counsel at a privately-owned global business group that invested in diverse industries and geographies. Her earlier legal experience includes working at international law firms in New York, London, and Washington, DC with a focus on mergers & acquisitions and private equity and as an advisor to multinational companies on legal and strategic issues.
- Advised innovative companies on international markets entry, strategic partnerships, investments and scaling up.
- Advised international luxury retail company on all aspects of U.S. market expansion.
- Represented clients in complex partnership relationships including cross-border joint ventures and third-party investors.
- Led M&A transaction process for sponsor company from origination through to closing and worked closely with M&A deal teams from different portfolio companies.
- Negotiated new investments, partnerships, joint ventures, financing agreements, corporate and asset acquisitions.
- Engaged in broad based transactional legal practice related to public companies in the energy, insurance and real estate industries encompassing IPOs, M&A and other corporate transactions.
- Advisor to emerging and growth companies, Private Practice (2017-2020)
- Assistant General Counsel, In-house Corporate Legal Practice (2010-2017)
- Corporate Associate, Private Law Practice (2004-2010)
- International Chamber of Commerce, Hellas, North America Representative (2019-Present)
- Endeavor, Member of the Mentor Network (2019-Present)
- MIT Entrepreneurship Forum Start-Up Competition: mentor
- Association of Corporate Counsel of New York, Member of the Board of Directors (2016-2019)
- Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs, Member of the Board of Trustees (2016-2018)
- Columbia Business School Alumni Club of New York, Co-Chair of the International Committee (2004-2014)
B.A., Athens University School of Law
J.D. and LL.M., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia University School of Law
Editorial Board Member, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
Bar and Court Memberships
- Athens Bar
- New York Bar
- District of Columbia Bar