Nicole represents clients in a variety of international trade matters related to trade remedies proceedings, sanctions, export controls, and supply chain.
She advises clients in a variety of antidumping and countervailing duties (AD/CVD) proceedings before the Department of Commerce (DOC) and International Trade Commission (ITC) and related litigation at the Court of International Trade and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Nicole has worked on matters relating to a number of industries, including steel, aluminum, paper, wood products, and downstream steel products.
Nicole assists clients on export compliance and national security matters, such as U.S. export controls and economic sanctions. She also has an active pro bono practice and regularly authors amicus briefs before appellate courts and the Supreme Court.
- Represents domestic producers of steel mill and downstream products, including vertical shaft engines, wind towers, steel pipe and tubes, and steel flat products in all aspects of AD/CVD investigations, administrative reviews, circumvention and scope proceedings, sunset reviews, and corresponding court appeals.
- Provides guidance on compliance with various federal laws and regulations including the Export Administration Regulations; International Traffic in Arms Regulations; economic and trade sanctions.
- Authors amicus briefs before appellate courts regarding on constitutional and statutory interpretation issues.
- U.S. House Homeland Security Committee Ranking Member Mike Rogers
- Communications Director (2019)
- Press Secretary (2019)
- U.S. Senate Committee on Finance Chairman Orrin Hatch
- Press Secretary (2018)
- Deputy Press Secretary (2017-2018)
- U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe
- Deputy Press Secretary (2017)
- Press Assistant (2016-2017)
- Staff Assistant (2015-2016)
- The Federalist Society
J.D., with honors, George Washington University Law School
B.A., cum laude, University of Tulsa
Notes Editor, International Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Related News & Insights
- AlertU.S. Court of International Trade Upholds Section 301 Duties on ChinaTimothy C. Brightbill, Laura El-Sabaawi, Maureen E. Thorson, Nicole C. HagerMarch 21, 2023
- Media MentionCommerce Must Rectify Error In Steel Pipe Duties, Court RulesLaw360January 18, 2023
- AlertU.S. Commerce Department Adds Dozens of High-Tech Chinese Companies to Entity ListHon. Nazak Nikakhtar, Lori E. Scheetz, John R. Shane, Paul J. Coyle, Nicole C. HagerDecember 19, 2022
- Press ReleaseWiley Partner Scott Felder Honored with ROA ‘Twice the Citizen Award’October 31, 2022