Nicole counsels and provides strategic advice to health care companies on state and federal regulatory compliance relating to pharmacy benefit management and other ancillary programs. She has counseled health plans in complex and rapidly developing areas of the law, including HIPAA Privacy regulations, SAMHSA Substance Use Disorder Privacy regulations, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Affordable Care Act. Nicole has aided clients in negotiating agreements involving multiple parties and significant financial resources, and in interpretation and implementation of new legislation.
As a volunteer attorney for the Community Law Center, Nicole provides legal services to start-up nonprofit organizations. In this capacity, Nicole has drafted corporate documents including articles of incorporation, bylaws, applications for recognition of exemption from federal income tax, and articles of dissolution.
- Provides legal counseling on all aspects of health care and government contracting, including drafting and negotiating contracts, subcontracts, and affiliate agreements.
- Manages corporate governance activities related to various managed care licenses.
- Provides legal guidance on state and federal regulatory issues.
- Provides legal expertise in counseling clients regarding Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) contracting.
- Assistant General Counsel II (2016-2019), Assistant General Counsel I (2010-2016), Associate General Counsel (2007-2010), CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Regulations Director, Maryland Insurance Administration (2005-2007)
- Compliance Counsel (2002-2005), Compliance Analyst & Paralegal (1998-2002), Monumental Life Insurance
- Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney, Community Law Center (2015-2019)
- Member, Health Law Section, Maryland State Bar Association
*Not admitted to the District of Columbia Bar. Supervised by principals of the firm who are members of the District of Columbia Bar.
J.D., University of Baltimore School of Law
B.A., American University
Bar and Court Memberships
- Maryland Bar