Louisa advises political candidates, officeholders, corporations, trade associations, and other organizations on compliance with state and federal campaign finance, ethics, and lobbying laws.
- Counsels clients on state and local lobbying, gift, and pay-to-play compliance.
- Advises tax-exempt charitable and social welfare organizations in securing and retaining tax exemption.
- Represents clients in matters before the Federal Election Commission (FEC), including enforcement proceedings and advisory opinion requests.
- Represents individuals and entities in matters before the U.S. Office of Government Ethics.
- Litigates disputes derivative of campaign finance, such as copyright litigation.
- Filed amicus brief in Coloradans for a Better Future v. Campaign Integrity Watchdog, supporting petitioner’s successful argument that pro bono and reduced cost legal services are not “contributions” under Colorado campaign finance law.
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Rossie D. Alston, Jr., Court of Appeals of Virginia (2015)
- Law Clerk, National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) (2014)
- Law Clerk, U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, & Pensions, Oversight and Investigations (2013)
- Law Clerk, Romney Readiness Project, Presidential Transition Team (2012)
- Law Clerk, Romney for President (2012)
- Staff Assistant, U.S. Representative Tim Huelskamp (2011-2012)
- The Council on Governmental Ethics Laws (COGEL)
- Public Affairs Council (PAC)
- State Government Affairs Council (SGAC)
- Women in Government Relations (WGR)
J.D., cum laude, George Mason University School of Law; Moot Court Board
B.A., University of Notre Dame
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterIllegal Raffle Incident Is a Good Reminder for PACs and NonprofitsElection Law NewsJuly 2020
- AlertIllegal Raffle Incident is a Good Reminder for PACs and NonprofitsCarol A. Laham, Louisa BrooksJune 29, 2020
- NewsletterIn a Time of Social Distancing, Virtual Lobbying Is Still LobbyingElection Law NewsMay 2020
- EventNo COVID-19 Relief for Lobbying Disclosure, Filing Your April Lobbying ReportsWileyApril 1, 2020