Laura serves as consulting counsel to Wiley. She draws on extensive experience in government and private practice to provide assistance in appellate and other complex brief writing and motion practice.
- Represented the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, writing briefs, negotiating remands of cases, and recommending strategy for all cases managed.
- Managed day-to-day operations of defense team for patent case filed in 2010 in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin that was successfully resolved within three months.
- Drafted Appellee’s brief on behalf of medical device company in appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit resulting in favorable settlement of the case.
- Contributed to several litigations for a multinational technology company, including work on motions for judgment as a matter of law that succeeded in overturning $388 million patent infringement verdict.
- Defended a multinational technology company in patent infringement lawsuit selected as one of the “Top 10 Defense Verdicts of 2004” by the National Law Journal.
- Successfully represented asylum seeker from Sierra Leone, resulting in being selected as Pro Bono Attorney of the Year by Boston’s Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project.
- Appellate Attorney, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (2015-2017)
- Private Law Practice (2002-2007, 2009-2012)
- Policy and Program Coordinator, Organization for a New Equality (1998-1999)
- Princeton Alumni Corps (2014)
- Children’s Law Center (2009-2010)
- Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project (PAIR) (2002-2006)
- Roxbury Preparatory Charter School (2003-2004)
- Co-Chair, Kids in Court, Harvard Law School (2000-2001)
J.D., cum laude, Harvard Law School
M.A., New York University
B.A., Princeton University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts