Kim represents insurers in complex disputes arising under professional liability policies, with an emphasis on claims against lawyers and other professionals, including accountants, architects, engineers, insurance agents, and real estate brokers.
- Represents professional liability insurers as coverage counsel and in coverage litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with professional liability claims.
- Counsels professional liability insurers on both coverage issues and strategies for handling underlying liability matters.
- Serves as defense counsel for lawyers, accountants, and other professionals in complex professional liability actions.
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Litigation
- Named to Law360's Insurance Editorial Advisory Board (2018)
- Received Business Insurance magazine's Break Out Award (2017)
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" (2016-2018) and "Rising Stars" (2014-2015) for Insurance Coverage by Super Lawyers magazine
- Named by The Legal 500 US a “recommended lawyer” in Insurance Law (2015, 2018)
J.D., with highest honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif; Willard Waddington Gatchell Award (awarded to the top three students in the graduating class)
M.S., University of Central Florida
B.A., The Pennsylvania State University
Member, The George Washington Law Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Deborah K. Chasanow, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland (2005-2006)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Fourth, Fifth, and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, District of Maryland, Eastern District of Michigan, and Northern District of Florida
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein Attorneys Present At ADR Speaker Series at Howard University School of LawKimberly A. Ashmore, Edward R. Brown, Richard A. SimpsonOctober 19, 2018
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 42 Wiley Rein Lawyers Across Six Practice Areas NationallyRand L. Allen, Kimberly A. Ashmore, Richard J. Bodorff, Timothy C. Brightbill, Jon W. Burd, John M. Burgett, Shawn H. Chang, Philip J. Davis, Robert E. DeFrancesco, III, Scott D. Delacourt, Cara Tseng Duffield, Claire J. Evans, Anna M. Gomez, Ambassador David A. Gross, David E. Hilliard, Jennifer D. Hindin, John E. Howell, Christopher S. Huther, Leland H. Jones IV, Paul F. Khoury, Kathleen A. Kirby, Scott M. McCaleb, Kimberly M. Melvin, Jason O'Brien, Daniel B. Pickard, John R. Prairie, Alan H. Price, Eve Klindera Reed, Bert W. Rein, Jessica N. Rosenthal, Bennett L. Ross, Jerita L. DeBraux Salley, Jack R. Shane, Richard A. Simpson, Daniel J. Standish, David H. Topol, Brian Walsh, Richard E. WileyJune 1, 2018
- EventBeyond Cognition: The Role of Emotional Intelligence in Effective Claim Management and Resolution2017 PLUS International ConferenceKimberly A. AshmoreNovember 2, 2017
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein’s Kim Ashmore Selected for Inaugural ‘Break Out’ Award by Business Insurance MagazineKimberly A. AshmoreApril 28, 2017