Kendra counsels and represents large and small government contractors, subcontractors, and grant recipients on a range of legal issues. She has handled bid protests before several federal government agencies, as well as the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC), and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC). Kendra has also represented clients in size protests before the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and has litigated Contract Disputes Act (CDA) claims before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA), the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA), and in federal district courts. She has represented government contractors in Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) disputes, False Claims Act (FCA) matters, and government investigations involving procurement integrity, ethics, and conflict of interest statutes. Kendra also regularly counsels clients on compliance with various procurement laws and regulations. Prior to entering private practice, Kendra spent more than 10 years at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), working in the areas of budget and procurement, legislative affairs, and grant portfolio management. Kendra, a certified Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt, uses the LLSI process and project management tools to continually improve the value proposition the firm delivers to its clients.
- Represented federal government contractors in bid protests of defense and civilian procurements before federal agencies, GAO, COFC, and CAFC.
- Represented federal government contractors on appeals of contracting officer final decisions and CDA claims before the CBCA and ASBCA.
- Counseled several government contractor clients on a variety of issues related to contract formation, administration, and compliance with procurement laws and regulations.
- Worked with clients to develop government contractor codes of conduct and compliance policies tailored to their businesses.
- Counseled a prime government contractor facing potential false claims liability as a result of subcontractor invoicing irregularities.
- Represented a government contractor targeted in a federal investigation related to potential violations of the Procurement Integrity Act, the federal bribery and illegal gratuity statute, and other government ethics and conflict of interest rules.
- Represented a default-terminated contractor in a federal district court litigation alleging breach of contract by the government.
- Defended a federal government contractor against a wrongful contract termination.
- Prepared a variety of FOIA requests on behalf of clients seeking procurement-related government records. Negotiated with and litigated against agencies regarding the release of requested records.
- Analyzed subcontracts proposed by prime contractors and advised small business government contractor clients on mandatory and discretionary flow-down of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clauses and other key considerations prior to subcontract negotiations with prime.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) (2000-2011)
- Strategic Portfolio and Policy Manager, Office of Education (2010-2011)
- Acting Director, Legislative Research and Analysis Division (2009-2010)
- Law Clerk, Office of General Counsel, Contracts and Procurement Practice Group (2008-2009)
- Legislative Liaison, Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs (2002-2008)
- Budget and Procurement Analyst, Office of the Chief Financial Officer (2000-2002)
- Adjunct Professor, Public Budgeting, Texas Southern University School of Public Affairs (2003-2005)
- Grants Consultant, Bunkie Community Development Corporation (1999)
- Intern, Office of U.S. Senator John B. Breaux (D-LA) (1997-1998)
- Grants Assistant, Louisiana Department of Education (1994-1997)
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law
- Vice Chair, Small Business & Other Socioeconomic Programs Committee
- Vice Chair, Legislative Coordinating Committee
- Bid Protest Committee
- Contract Claims and Disputes Resolution Committee
- Subcontracting, Teaming, and Strategic Alliances Committee
- State and Local Procurement Committee
- Leadership Counsel for Legal Diversity (Pathfinder, 2017)
- National Bar Association
- Chair, Government Procurement Law Section (2020)
- Regional Director, Region XII; Board of Governors (2018-Present)
- Past Deputy Director, Region XII
- Member, Commercial Law Section
- Member, Greater Washington Area Chapter (GWAC)
- Vice President, Washington Bar Association (2019-Present)
- National Contract Management Association
- Women in Aerospace
- Washington Bar Association
- President-Elect (2020)
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
M.P.P., Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
B.A., cum laude, Southern University and A&M College
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Related News & Insights
- EventFireside Chat with VP & Chief Litigation Counsel at Eaton CorporationNational Bar Association Corporate Counsel ConferenceFebruary 25, 2021
- NewsletterNational Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021 Includes Numerous Provisions Impacting Government ContractorsGovernment Contracts Issue UpdateFebruary 2021
- Media MentionKendra Norwood Comments on Procurement Aspects of Biden’s Clean-Energy PlansBloomberg EnvironmentJanuary 22, 2021
- Press ReleaseWiley Announces Partner Promotions for 2021December 14, 2020