Kamila provides legal counsel and strategic advice to technology, telecommunications, and media clients in a variety of regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters.
- Counsels clients on a broad array of communications and technology-related matters before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), and other federal and state agencies.
- Advises on compliance with international, federal, and state privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This includes advising clients on developments in privacy law and best practices, helping clients develop and draft privacy policies, and supporting clients in their advocacy efforts regarding emerging privacy frameworks.
- Counsels clients regarding compliance with FCC rules affecting broadcast, wireless and satellite licensees; drafts comments, petitions, and other pleadings in FCC proceedings.
- Supports clients in developing cybersecurity compliance and risk management strategies, prepares comments and other filings for cybersecurity and supply chain-related proceedings, and advises on domestic and international developments in cybersecurity regulation and best practices.
- Conducts regulatory due diligence and risk assessments for technology and communications transactions.
- Student Staff Member, Georgetown Law, Communications and Technology Clinic (2018)
- Legal Intern, Federal Communications Commission, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau, Broadband Division (2017)
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., University of Virginia
Director of Development, Georgetown Law Technology Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterCalifornia Privacy Law on the Ballot: What to Expect on California’s Upcoming Ballot Initiative to Expand and Amend the CCPAPrivacy In FocusOctober 2020
- NewsletterNew Laws and Proposals Target Government Use of Facial RecognitionPrivacy In FocusAugust 2020
- NewsletterFTC PrivacyCon 2020 Examines Health Apps and IoTPrivacy In FocusAugust 2020
- AlertFTC Examines Proposed Amendments to the GLBA Safeguards Rule in Full-Day WorkshopMegan L. Brown, Duane C. Pozza, Antonio J. Reynolds, Kathleen E. Scott, Kamila BenzinaJuly 15, 2020