Jordan advises clients on international regulatory compliance issues, including export controls, economic sanctions, and reviews by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS). His experience includes advising on compliance matters and investigations involving the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and U.S. sanctions regulations administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Advised clients on compliance, licensing, and enforcement issues arising under U.S. economic sanctions and export control laws, including representing clients before OFAC, CFIUS, BIS, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
- Assisted clients in identifying sanction and export control compliance gaps and to develop remediation strategies aimed at addressing and mitigating risk areas.
- Conducted several internal investigations which led to voluntary disclosures to government agencies with favorable outcomes.
- Led a CFIUS filing regarding a transaction between a large foreign corporation and a U.S.-based company regarding sensitive dual-use technology.
- Led an investigation and de-listing application regarding a high-net worth individual sanctioned by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Private law practice (2019-2022)
- Contributor, The China Road (2017)
- Intern, The United States Attorney's Office District of Columbia (2018)
- College Instructor, Peace Corps China (2015-2017)
J.D., University of Michigan Law School
B.A., summa cum laude, University of Oklahoma
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar