Jodi is an experienced telecommunications and space lawyer. Prior to joining Wiley, she was in-house at both late-stage startup and established satellite telecommunications companies. Jodi’s responsibilities included advancing policy objectives with government agencies, protecting spectrum interests domestically and internationally, and obtaining all requisite regulatory authorizations for new and continuing operations. She has been the lead regulatory counsel for a satellite-enabled managed network spanning 90 countries – including working with regulators in each country, managing outside counsel and consultants, and ensuring ongoing compliance.
- Assists clients in developing strategy for and the preparation of comments, petitions, and other pleadings in complex proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other administrative agencies.
- Assists clients seeking authorization from domestic and foreign regulatory bodies to launch and operate Geostationary and Non-Geostationary Satellite Orbit satellite systems, as well as Earth stations, to serve U.S. and international markets.
- Counsels telecommunications and satellite clients on compliance with federal regulatory obligations.
- Represents satellite clients in market access, broadband (infrastructure and connectivity) funding, spectrum fee, and orbital debris mitigation matters before domestic and foreign regulatory and legislative bodies.
- Associate Corporate Counsel II, Regulatory Affairs (2018-2019), Associate Corporate Counsel I, Regulatory Affairs (2016-2018), EchoStar Corporation/Hughes Network Systems, LLC
- Regulatory Affairs, Legal, SES Americom, Inc. (2016)
- Regulatory Affairs, Legal, SES Networks (2015)
- Assistant Project Manager, Epiq Systems, Inc. (2014-2015)
- Student-at-Law (Articles), McMillan LLP (2012-2013)
- Space and Satellite Professionals International, Mid-Atlantic Chapter (SSPI-MA)
- Board of Directors (2018-Present)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Transactional Committee (2017-Present)
- Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC)
- Lead Legal Counsel (2015-2017)
- International Institute of Space Law (IISL)
- Law Society of Ontario
- New York State Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Forum on Air & Space Law
- Forum on Communications Law
LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
J.D., University of Ottawa
J.D. Michigan State University College of Law
B.Comm., McGill University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
- Ontario Bar