Jasmine is a patent agent with a Ph.D. in microbiology and immunology. Her area of specialty is intellectual property matters related to biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices. Prior to joining the firm, Jasmine was a research assistant professor at Georgetown University, where she focused on therapeutic development for brain disorders and cancers.
- Draft new patent applications in the field of biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical devices, and software.
- Manage complex patent and trademark portfolios including prosecution, maintenance, and counseling.
- Prepare patentability, freedom-to-operate, infringement, invalidity, and design-around opinions.
- Assists in patent litigations including drafting complaints and reviewing production documents.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery (2013-Present)
- Research Assistant Professor, Georgetown University Medical Center (2010-2015)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Association of Women in Science, DC Chapter (2010-2014)
- Vice President, Programs (2013-2014)
Ph.D., Microbiology & Immunology, University of Rochester
M.S., Biological Resources Engineering, University of Maryland
B.Eng., South China University of Technology
Bar and Court Memberships
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Cantonese Chinese