Grace provides regulatory and litigation guidance to the firm’s Environment & Safety clients. From a regulatory standpoint, she counsels clients on consumer and commercial products, and industrial health and safety issues. As a litigator, Grace handles matters including large-scale agency actions.
- Researched and wrote memoranda on issues including mineral rights on public lands, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Reviewed and edited proposal regulations concerning genetically modified organism (GMO) food labeling throughout the rulemaking process.
- Generated guidance materials on the regulations governing U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) responsibilities during natural disasters.
- Private law practice (2018)
- Law Clerk, USDA, Office of the General Counsel (2017)
- Intern for the Honorable Nancy M. Koenig, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas (2015)
- Law Clerk, Travis County Attorney’s Office (2015)
- Transgenic Laboratory Technician/Field Worker, USDA, Agricultural Research Service (2008-2014)
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
B.A., with honors, Claremont McKenna College
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Texas Bar
- New York Bar
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan and Northern District of Texas
Related News & Insights
- AlertLabeling of Foods Comprised of or Containing Cultured Seafood Cells: FDA Requests Public CommentRyan Michael Fournier, Ann M. Begley, Grace Caroline Mahan, Hume M. RossNovember 6, 2020
- Blog PostEPA Fast Tracks “Long-Lasting” Antiviral Products for Use Against COVID-19The WELLTracy Heinzman, Grace Caroline MahanOctober 21, 2020
- AlertBipartisan Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act Would Enact Sweeping Changes to EPA’s Regulation of PFAS ChemistryErik C. Baptist, Richard W. Smith, Grace Caroline MahanJuly 16, 2020
- AlertWhat Companies Should Know About How FDA is Regulating Hand Sanitizers During COVID-19Tracy Heinzman, Martha E. Marrapese, Grace Caroline MahanJuly 7, 2020