Grace provides regulatory and litigation guidance to the firm’s Environment & Product Regulation clients. From a regulatory standpoint, she counsels clients on consumer and commercial products, and industrial health and safety issues. As a litigator, Grace handles matters including large-scale agency actions.
- Researched and wrote memoranda on issues including mineral rights on public lands, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Reviewed and edited proposal regulations concerning genetically modified organism (GMO) food labeling throughout the rulemaking process.
- Generated guidance materials on the regulations governing U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) responsibilities during natural disasters.
- Consults on product and service-related requirements arising under building, energy, and safety codes; the Clean Air Act (CAA); and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- Private law practice (2018)
- Law Clerk, USDA, Office of the General Counsel (2017)
- Intern for the Honorable Nancy M. Koenig, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas (2015)
- Law Clerk, Travis County Attorney’s Office (2015)
- Transgenic Laboratory Technician/Field Worker, USDA, Agricultural Research Service (2008-2014)
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
B.A., with honors, Claremont McKenna College
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Texas Bar
- New York Bar
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan and Northern District of Texas
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostHow the Biden Climate Plan Reaches your BusinessThe WELLMartha E. Marrapese, Grace Caroline MahanMarch 5, 2021
- Blog PostNews from California: Labels Are About to Get LongerThe WELLGrace Caroline Mahan, Hume M. RossFebruary 1, 2021
- Blog PostEPA Raises Maximum Civil Penalties Under Every Major Environmental StatuteThe WELLTracy Heinzman, Grace Caroline MahanDecember 23, 2020
- AlertLabeling of Foods Comprised of or Containing Cultured Seafood Cells: FDA Requests Public CommentRyan Michael Fournier, Ann M. Begley, Grace Caroline Mahan, Hume M. RossNovember 6, 2020