Grace provides regulatory and litigation guidance to the firm’s Environment & Safety clients. From a regulatory standpoint, she counsels clients on consumer and commercial products, and industrial health and safety issues. As a litigator, Grace handles matters including large-scale agency actions.
- Researched and wrote memoranda on issues including mineral rights on public lands, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Reviewed and edited proposal regulations concerning genetically modified organism (GMO) food labeling throughout the rulemaking process.
- Generated guidance materials on the regulations governing U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) responsibilities during natural disasters.
- Private law practice (2018)
- Law Clerk, USDA, Office of the General Counsel (2017)
- Law Clerk, Travis County Attorney’s Office (2015)
- Transgenic Laboratory Technician/Field Worker, USDA, Agricultural Research Service (2008-2014)
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
B.A., with honors, Claremont McKenna College
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Nancy M. Koenig, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas (2015)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Texas Bar
- New York Bar
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan and Northern District of Texas
Related News & Insights
- AlertBipartisan Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act Would Enact Sweeping Changes to EPA’s Regulation of PFAS ChemistryErik C. Baptist, Richard W. Smith, Grace Caroline MahanJuly 16, 2020
- AlertWhat Companies Should Know About How FDA is Regulating Hand Sanitizers During COVID-19Tracy Heinzman, Martha E. Marrapese, Grace Caroline MahanJuly 7, 2020
- AlertForce Majeure Provisions and COVID-19Daniel B. Hassett, Thomas W. Antonucci, Jessica N. Rosenthal, Richard W. Smith, Grace Caroline MahanMarch 25, 2020
- AlertCOVID-19: Important Legal Issues For U.S. Businesses To ConsiderDaniel B. Hassett, Jessica N. Rosenthal, Rebecca L. Saitta, Grace Caroline MahanMarch 20, 2020