Grace provides regulatory and litigation guidance to the firm’s Environment & Product Regulation clients. From a regulatory standpoint, she counsels clients on consumer and commercial products, and industrial health and safety issues. As a litigator, Grace handles matters arising under a number of Environmental statues, including the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (also known as Superfund), the Endangered Species Act (ESA), and the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
- Represents clients in federal court against arranger liability claims brought under the Superfund law.
- Represents both claimants and respondents in Endangered Species Act litigation matters involving challenges to agency actions.
- Advises manufacturers and trade associations regarding compliance with consumer product laws and regulations and product liability litigation matters.
- Advises manufacturers and trade associations regarding compliance with the Endangered Species Act (ESA), the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
- Counsels companies, task forces, and trade associations in enforcement matters before the U.S. EPA, FDA, and state agencies (including California) in connection with pesticide, chemical, and biotechnology.
- Consults on product and service-related requirements arising under building, energy, and safety codes; the Clean Air Act (CAA); and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- Conducts regulatory due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Private law practice (2018)
- Law Clerk, USDA, Office of the General Counsel (2017)
- Intern for the Honorable Nancy M. Koenig, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas (2015)
- Law Clerk, Travis County Attorney’s Office (2015)
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
B.A., with honors, Claremont McKenna College
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Texas Bar
- New York Bar
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan and Northern District of Texas
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostPeloton Recall Highlights Rise in Consumer Product Injuries During COVID-19 PandemicThe WELLGrace Caroline Mahan, Martha E. MarrapeseMay 14, 2021
- PodcastThe Current and Future Landscapes of EPA Criminal and Civil EnforcementWiley PodcastGrace Caroline Mahan, Holly WilsonApril 22, 2021
- Blog PostThe Current and Future Landscapes of EPA Criminal and Civil EnforcementThe WELLGrace Caroline Mahan, Holly WilsonApril 22, 2021
- Blog PostHow the Biden Climate Plan Reaches your BusinessThe WELLMartha E. Marrapese, Grace Caroline MahanMarch 5, 2021