Emily litigates highly sensitive, legally and factually complex matters in both federal and state courts across the country. She has wide-ranging experience representing clients in all stages of litigation, from initial strategic decision-making and motions practice to appeals. She particularly specializes in evaluating novel claims and asserting innovative defenses and has been the primary author on numerous dispositive briefs in high-stakes litigation. With Emily’s exceptional analytical skills, knowledge, and dedication, she is well-positioned to help her clients navigate the most challenging legal landscapes.
- Defended a public company in connection with tort claims arising out of alleged assault by contractors, including in California coordinated mass tort state proceeding and in appeal to the Supreme Court of Illinois.
- Defended a large mortgage lender in connection with state-law contract and fraud claims related to residential mortgage-backed securities representations and warranties.
- Defended national bank in connection with a purported contract, tort, and state consumer protection class actions relating to the administration of the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Defended a union in an antitrust action alleging abuse of environmental review process.
- Defended an insurance provider in connection with business interruption claims arising from COVID-19.
- Defended an insurance provider in connection with purported class action relating to out-of-network reimbursement disputes.
- Litigation Associate, Private Law Practice (2016-2023)
J.D., The University of Michigan Law School; Order of the Coif
B.S., magna cum laude, Georgetown University; Phi Beta Kappa
- Law Clerk for the Hon. Robert E. Payne, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (2015-2016)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia