Elizabeth is a seasoned communications professional with more than 20 years experience in the media industry, working with media companies in the legal and policy arenas. She represents radio and television companies before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and has provided counsel to broadcast stations, corporate management and general counsels on a wide variety of regulatory issues, with a special emphasis on the FCC’s Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) rules.
- Advises broadcast stations on the creation and implementation of FCC EEO programs; provides training seminars to station personnel and corporate counsel.
- Represents clients during the FCC EEO audit process, prepares mid-term/license renewal EEO filings and counsels broadcast stations on their annual reporting and routine recordkeeping obligations.
- Advises broadcast clients on other critical aspects of FCC regulatory compliance and the agency's related reporting obligations, including station licensing, license renewal, public file obligations, and children's programming.
- Successfully defended broadcast stations during FCC enforcement proceedings regarding indecency complaints.
- Guided television licensees through the build-out and licensing of digital television stations.
- Executed sale and purchase agreements in complex broadcast transactions.
- Law Clerk, Meredith Broadcasting (1997-1998)
- Legal Intern, Iowa Freedom of Information Council (1997)
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Justice (1996)
- Public Relations Account Executive, Grant/Jacoby, Inc. (1992-1995)
- Legislative Intern, Rep. Jeannette Bell, Wis. State Assembly (1991)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Diversity Committee (2008)
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBA)
National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL)
Member, Women In Compliance Affinity Group
J.D., Drake University School of Law
M.A., Drake University School of Journalism & Mass Communications
B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertFebruary 3, 2020 FCC EEO Deadlines Impacting Broadcast Stations in AR, LA, MS, KS, NE, OK, NJ, & NYKathleen A. Kirby, Elizabeth E. GoldinJanuary 8, 2020
- AlertDecember 2, 2019 FCC EEO DeadlinesKathleen A. Kirby, Elizabeth E. GoldinOctober 31, 2019
- AlertOctober 1, 2019 FCC EEO DeadlinesKathleen A. Kirby, Elizabeth E. GoldinSeptember 6, 2019
- AlertSeptember Deadline Set for Comments on Improvements to EEO Rules but Some Call for More Immediate UpdatesKathleen A. Kirby, Ari Meltzer, Elizabeth E. GoldinSeptember 5, 2019