Elizabeth is a corporate attorney who advises a wide range of firm clients on commercial contracting, corporate governance, compliance, and transactional matters. She provides outside general counsel services to for-profit and exempt organizations throughout all phases of the corporate lifecycle. She has expertise in commercial contracting with an emphasis on SaaS, IP licensing, services, supply, distribution, nondisclosure, and data development agreements. Elizabeth provides counsel to diverse firm clients, including government contractors, environmental organizations, political organizations, trade associations, start-ups, technology providers and non-profit corporations.
- Represents clients in the negotiation of a wide variety of technology, licensing, development, consulting, and services agreements.
- Transactional counsel to government contractors in acquisitions, divestitures, and reorganizations.
- Counsels clients in general corporate and compliance matters, including drafting bylaws, operating agreements, and joint venture agreements.
- Assists non-profit corporations with filing for tax exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and general compliance issues.
- Former In-House Counsel, The Kraft Group LLC; New England Patriots; New England Revolution (2010 -2013)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Business and Corporate by Super Lawyers magazine (2020)
J.D., Northeastern University School of Law
B.S., cum laude, Boston University
Northeastern University Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertForce Majeure Provisions and COVID-19Daniel B. Hassett, Thomas W. Antonucci, Jessica N. Rosenthal, Richard W. Smith, Elizabeth J. Cavanaugh, Grace Caroline MahanMarch 25, 2020
- AlertCOVID-19: Important Legal Issues For U.S. Businesses To ConsiderDaniel B. Hassett, Jessica N. Rosenthal, Rebecca L. Saitta, Elizabeth J. Cavanaugh, Grace Caroline MahanMarch 20, 2020