Elizabeth advises clients on commercial contracting, general corporate, and various transactional matters. She has expertise in complex technology contracting with an emphasis on intellectual property licensing, data security, privacy, and general risk allocation issues. Her diverse representative experience spans many industries and includes technology vendors, financial service providers, government contractors, environmental organizations, political organizations, start-ups, and nonprofit corporations.
- Represents clients in the negotiation of cloud-based services agreements, including inbound and outbound SaaS and PaaS products.
- Represents clients in the negotiation of a wide variety of other commercial agreements, including consulting, services, licensing, supply, distribution, reseller, and development agreements.
- Transactional counsel in technology-driven buy and sell-side transactions, partnerships, joint ventures, and strategic alliances.
- Counsels clients in general corporate and strategic matters, including collaboration and co-development arrangements.
- Senior Counsel, Freddie Mac (2020-2021)
- In-House Counsel, The Kraft Group LLC; New England Patriots; New England Revolution (2010 -2013)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Business and Corporate by Super Lawyers magazine (2020)
J.D., Northeastern University School of Law
B.S., cum laude, Boston University
Northeastern University Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
- New Hampshire Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertForce Majeure Provisions and COVID-19Daniel B. Hassett, Thomas W. Antonucci, Jessica N. Rosenthal, Richard W. Smith, Elizabeth J. Cavanaugh, Grace Caroline MahanMarch 25, 2020
- AlertCOVID-19: Important Legal Issues For U.S. Businesses To ConsiderDaniel B. Hassett, Jessica N. Rosenthal, Rebecca L. Saitta, Elizabeth J. Cavanaugh, Grace Caroline MahanMarch 20, 2020