David has 36 years of experience representing clients in a diverse array of corporate litigation and tax controversy matters. His far-reaching expertise includes strategic advice for corporate governance, federal and state income tax planning, and estates and probate.
- Advises corporate clients on matters such as structuring and negotiating mergers & acquisitions, asset purchase agreements, and partnership and limited liability agreements and drafting commercial leases, non-disclosure agreements, and contracts.
- Handles wide range of taxation matters, including drafting tax opinion letters, audit letter responses, claims for refund, and foreign bank account reporting.
- Advises large and small estates in all aspects of estate planning, such as the preparation of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and acts of donation.
- Counsels tax-exempt entities, including public charities and private foundations, in corporate and tax law issues such as submission of organizational documents and operative agreements and reinstatement of tax-exempt recognition after inadvertent termination.
- Represents clients in numerous commercial litigation matters, including oil and gas pipeline sales tax disputes, ad valorem tax appeals, and zoning variances.
- Private law practice (1986-2022)
- Adjunct Professor, Paralegal Studies Program, Tulane University (1989-1991)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation (2020-present)
- Board Certified Tax Law Specialist, Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization (1990-present)
*Not admitted to the District of Columbia Bar. Supervised by principals of the firm who are members of the District of Columbia Bar.
LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
J.D., Baylor University School of Law
B.A., summa cum laude, Louisiana State University in Shreveport
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar (*Pending, supervised by principals of the firm who are members of the District of Columbia Bar)
- Louisiana Bar
- Texas Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Supreme Court of Louisiana
- Supreme Court of Texas