Chris advises candidates, officeholders, political parties, PACs, corporations, and trade associations in complying with campaign finance, ethics, lobbying, pay-to-play, and other areas of political law. He also represents clients before the Federal Election Commission (FEC), other federal and state administrative agencies, and in federal and state courts.
In addition to his private practice, Chris served as an Assistant Attorney General with the Office of Attorney General of Missouri and advised a national party committee as in-house litigation counsel, where he was responsible for overseeing a nationwide litigation program.
- Counsels candidates running for federal office at all stages of the electoral process.
- Counsels nonprofits and party organizations in connection with party governance, fundraising, advocacy, intellectual property, and litigation matters.
- Advises corporations, nonprofits, candidates, and party organizations on issues relating to election administration.
- Represents clients before the FEC in enforcement proceedings, rulemaking comments, and advisory opinion requests.
- Represents clients before the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE), U.S. House Committee on Ethics, and U.S. Senate Select Committee on Ethics in ethics matters.
- Represents clients before federal and state administrative agencies, and in federal and state courts.
- Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Attorney General of Missouri (2021)
- Republican National Committee
- Senior Counsel (2020-2021)
- Senior Associate Counsel (2019)
- Campaign Legal Associate, National Republican Senatorial Committee (2018-2019)
- Associate, Private Law Practice (2016-2018)
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Hon. James C. Cacheris, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (2015-2016)
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., University of Notre Dame
- Law Clerk for the Honorable James C. Cacheris, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (2015-2016)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterRegulations to the Moon! Campaign Finance in the Age of CryptocurrenciesElection Law NewsMay 2022
- Press ReleaseWiley Obtains Preliminary Injunction On Behalf Of Idaho Republican Party To Preserve Fair Elections in Advance Of Closely-Watched PrimariesMay 16, 2022
- Press ReleaseWiley Files Supreme Court Amicus Brief Supporting First Amendment Challenge to Federal Campaign Finance LawJanuary 26, 2022
- NewsletterNew Bill Seeks to Expand the Foreign National Political Activity Ban in Many DirectionsElection Law NewsJanuary 2022