Chris counsels and represents clients on a range of matters, including technology transactions, litigation, government contracts, and intellectual property.
- Represents clients in a wide variety of technology, intellectual property, outsourcing, and services agreements. Chris has extensive experience negotiating transactions covering software development and licensing, equipment, reseller and distribution arrangements, data licensing, strategic alliances, and many types of professional services, including the provision of services to the government. His transactional experience also extends to corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, capital formation, corporate restructuring, and general corporate counseling.
- Represents clients in state and federal court litigation regarding intellectual property, government contract, and commercial disputes, with substantial experience in managing large and document intensive cases. Also represents clients before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA) and the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA).
- Advises government contractors on transactional matters, including subcontracts, teaming agreements, and related transactions, and further assists government contractors with claims and equitable adjustments, intellectual property and data rights, mergers and acquisitions, compliance, and investigations.
- Advises clients on intellectual property matters, including the acquisition, enforcement, and prosecution of patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
- Former federal employee with several years' experience in design and construction project management, including experience as a contracting officer's representative. Represented the government in numerous employment actions before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB)
J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
M.C.E., The Johns Hopkins University
B.S. and B.C.E., The Catholic University of America
Member, The George Washington Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia and District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of Virginia
Related News & Insights
- AlertU.S. Supreme Court Rules Willfulness not Required for Trademark ProfitsChristopher Kelly, David E. Weslow, Christopher M. Mills, Ari Meltzer, Spencer C. BrooksMay 11, 2020
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein Announces New Partners and Counsel for 2017November 30, 2016
- ArticleDon't Get Caught Off Guard by a Service Contract Act Compliance AuditThe Procurement LawyerEric W. Leonard, Christopher M. Mills, Craig SmithWinter 2015
- NewsletterIs Your Company SCA Compliant? Figure It Out Before the United States Department of Labor Figures It Out for You!Government Contracts Issue UpdateSpring 2014