Avita works on environmental litigation and administrative proceedings and provides regulatory guidance to clients on environmental, product safety, and occupational health and safety matters.
- Advises manufacturers and trade associations regarding compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Counsels clients on Administrative Procedure Act (APA) administrative hearing procedures, the Federal Rules of Evidence, and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Represents company in a complex discovery matter.
- Represents clients in negotiating commercial agreements and updating agreements upon regulatory changes.
- Intern, Massachusetts Attorney General’s Environmental Protection Division (2021)
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Ketanji Brown Jackson, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2020)
- Harvard Law School Ames Moot Court Competition Finalist
J.D., Harvard Law School
B.A., cum laude, Boston College
Technical Editor, Harvard Environmental Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostEPA Enforcement – How to Be Ready in 2023The WELLMartha E. Marrapese, Avita AnandFebruary 7, 2023
- AlertEPA Enforcement – How to Be Ready in 2023Martha E. Marrapese, Avita AnandFebruary 6, 2023
- Blog PostFTC Requests Comment on Potential Revisions to Green GuidesThe WELLMartha E. Marrapese, Duane C. Pozza, Richard W. Smith, Avita AnandDecember 23, 2022
- AlertFTC Requests Comment on Potential Revisions to Green GuidesMartha E. Marrapese, Duane C. Pozza, Richard W. Smith, Avita AnandDecember 22, 2022