Ashley represents clients in commercial litigation matters as well as corporate clients and their executives in government and internal investigations, civil enforcement matters, and criminal investigations alleging false claims, financial institution fraud, securities fraud, health care fraud, money laundering, and public corruption.
- Represents qui tam relators in False Claims Act (FCA) proceedings alleging fraud against government agencies and health care programs.
- Represents qui tam relators in FCA proceedings alleging evasion of antidumping and countervailing duties.
- Represents a multinational engineering firm in investigating and responding to a potential subcontract dispute.
- Represents current and former employees of a multinational manufacturing company in civil lawsuits and a government investigation related to a consumer product with alleged safety issues.
- Member of a litigation team that defended a government contractor and several individual defendants against allegations of misappropriation of trade secrets and other business torts. Futrend Technology, Inc. v. MicroHealth LLC, et al., Case No. CL2018-14995 (Va.).
- Member of a team that conducted an internal investigation for a Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Program contractor in response to a potential false size certification.
- Represents, pro bono, nonprofit groups seeking to achieve tax-exempt status and federal inmates seeking compassionate release under the First Step Act.
- Judicial Extern, The Honorable Paul L. Friedman, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2017)
- Appellate Advocacy Clinic, Wake Forest University School of Law (2018-2019)
- Research Assistant, Dean Gregory S. Parks, Wake Forest University School of Law (2017-2019)
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBA)
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Committee
J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law; Order of Barristers
B.A., with honors, Appalachian State University
Notes & Comments Editor, Wake Forest Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Recognizes More Than 40 Individuals in Eighth Annual Pro Bono Program CelebrationNovember 3, 2020
- ArticleDOJ Guidance on Evaluating Corporate Compliance ProgramsBloomberg LawKevin B. Muhlendorf, Brandon J. Moss, Madeline J. Cohen, Ashley E. BouchezJune 24, 2020
- AlertState Attorneys General Step Up Enforcement Against Pandemic-Related FraudPeter S. Hyun, Duane C. Pozza, Antonio J. Reynolds, Ashley E. BouchezMay 29, 2020
- ArticleFor VC-Backed Small Businesses, “Self-Certifying” Eligibility for a PPP Loan Can Come with Legal RisksPeter S. Hyun, Ashley E. BouchezApril 22, 2020