Ashley represents clients in commercial litigation matters as well as corporate clients and their executives in government and internal investigations, civil enforcement matters, and criminal investigations alleging false claims, financial institution fraud, securities fraud, health care fraud, money laundering, and public corruption.
- Member of a litigation team that successfully defended a government contractor and several individual defendants against 13 counts alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and other business torts. Futrend Technology, Inc. v. MicroHealth LLC, et al., Case No. CL2018-14995 (Va.).
- Represents current and former employees of a multinational manufacturing company in civil lawsuits and a government investigation related to a consumer product with alleged safety issues.
- Represents qui tam relators in False Claims Act (FCA) proceedings alleging fraud against state and federal health care programs and evasion of antidumping and countervailing duties.
- Represents a multinational firm and government contractor in investigating subcontract disputes and disclosing potential issues to the government.
- Represents several individual employees of a healthcare provider in connection with investigations by the Department of Justice and a federal Inspector General.
- Represents a producer in a contract dispute with a former business partner related to a popular television show.
- Maintains an active pro bono docket, including representing nonprofit groups seeking to achieve tax-exempt status, federal inmates seeking compassionate release under the First Step Act, and amicus curiae in U.S. Courts of Appeals.
- Judicial Extern, The Honorable Paul L. Friedman, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2017)
- Appellate Advocacy Clinic, Wake Forest University School of Law (2018-2019)
- Research Assistant, Dean Gregory S. Parks, Wake Forest University School of Law (2017-2019)
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBA)
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Committee
J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law; Order of Barristers
B.A., with honors, Appalachian State University
Notes & Comments Editor, Wake Forest Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Related News & Insights
- ArticlePPP Borrowers Beware: More Money Can Lead to More ProblemsNick Peterson, Olaoluwaposi O. Oshinowo, Ashley E. BouchezJuly 9, 2021
- Press ReleaseWiley Honored by Council for Court Excellence with Justice Potter Stewart AwardFebruary 26, 2021
- Press ReleaseWiley Recognizes More Than 40 Individuals in Eighth Annual Pro Bono Program CelebrationNovember 3, 2020
- ArticleDOJ Guidance on Evaluating Corporate Compliance ProgramsBloomberg LawKevin B. Muhlendorf, Brandon J. Moss, Madeline J. Cohen, Ashley E. BouchezJune 24, 2020