Anna, former Deputy Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information for the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) of the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), specializes in regulatory, policy, and transactional matters related to domestic and international telecommunications and unmanned aircraft systems. Anna is co-chair of Wiley's Unmanned Aircraft Systems Practice Group.
- As Deputy Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information at NTIA, developed and advocated communications and information policy on behalf of the Administration before the U.S. Congress, private industry, other federal agencies, state and local governments, foreign governments, international organizations, and private organizations. Also advised the White House on information and telecommunications policy issues. Oversaw the establishment of FirstNet.
- As Acting Administrator of NTIA, oversaw agency's enhanced TV Converter Box Coupon Program during the nation's successful transition to digital broadcasting.
- Advocated on behalf of former employer before state and federal government agencies regarding non-spectrum issues that affect the company's wireless and wireline assets.
- Served for 12 years in various positions at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), including Senior Legal Advisor to the Chairman, Deputy Chief of the International Bureau-where she developed and implemented Commission policy on international telecommunications and satellite spectrum-and Chief of the Network Services Division in the Common Carrier (now Wireline) Bureau.
- Advises clients on telephony and wireless matters, including spectrum, public safety and national security, licensing, compliance, policy, and foreign ownership matters.
- Counsels on and analyzes U.S. and international regulation governing unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), including on matters before the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and unmanned aircraft spectrum licensing and allocation matters before the FCC, the NTIA, and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- Successfully served as communications regulatory counsel on multi-billion dollar transactions.
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information (2009-2013)
- Acting Administrator (2009)
- Vice President, State and Federal Regulatory, Government Affairs, Sprint Nextel (2006-2009)
- Federal Communications Commission
- Deputy Chief, International Bureau (1999-2006)
- Senior Legal Advisor, Office of Chairman William E. Kennard (2000-2001)
- Chief and Deputy Chief, Common Carrier Bureau, Network Services Division (1997-1999)
- Counsel to the Chief, Common Carrier Bureau (1994-1996)
- Attorney, Cable Services Bureau, Consumer Protection Division (1994)
- Deputy Chief of Staff, National Economic Council, White House (1997)
- Democratic Counsel, U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, Subcommittee on Communication (1996-1997)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Treasurer (2020)
- Assistant Treasurer (2019-2020)
- Secretary (2018-2019)
- Nominations Committee (2015-2016)
- Executive Committee (2006-2008)
- Board, FCBA Foundation (2001-2003)
- Nominations Committee (2003)
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Board of Directors (1993-1994)
- FCC Advisory Committee on Diversity and Digital Empowerment (ACDDE)
- Chair (2020-Present)
- Vice Chair (2018-2019)
- Named to Law360's Telecommunications Editorial Advisory Board (2020)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Telecom and Broadcast Regulatory Law (2014, 2017-2020)
- Penn State Alumni Fellow Award (2013)
- Imagen Latina Leaders Award
- Federal Communications Bar Association Foundation Volunteer of the Year Award
- National Organization of Black Elected Legislative Women (NOBEL) Women Leaders in Technology Award
- Women in Cable Telecommunications Public Service Award
- Gold Medal, Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Communications Commission Chairman's Award
- Association of Public Safety Communications Officials Leadership in Advancing Communications Policy Award
J.D., The George Washington University Law School
B.A., cum laude, Pennsylvania State University
Member, Journal of International Law and Economics
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- EventFostering Equity, Inclusion and Equality in the WorkplaceFederal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)March 9, 2021
- Media MentionAnna Gomez Discusses Progress of FCC’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Digital EmpowermentTR DailyFebruary 12, 2021
- EventBiden and BroadbandSchools, Health & Libraries Broadband (SHLB) CoalitionFebruary 10, 2021
- Press ReleaseWiley Among First Organizations to Join FCBA’s New Diversity Pipeline ProgramJanuary 11, 2021