Angelica has over 20 years of experience in interpreting and applying U.S. antidumping and countervailing duty (AD/CVD) laws, precedents, policies, and regulations in the context of AD/CVD proceedings. She has been involved in a wide variety of international trade proceedings, including agency investigations and administrative reviews, scope and anti-circumvention rulings, and remand determinations. She possesses extensive experience in leading on-site verifications (audits) of foreign producers/exporters and their U.S. affiliates for the U.S. government. With her past experience in government and private practice, Angelica’s expertise includes manufacturing/processing inputs and techniques and sales, distribution, and marketing methods used by various industries such as steel, utility, chemical, plastic, and agriculture/aquaculture.
- Assists client’s proceedings before the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) by conducting detailed analyses of foreign producer/exporters’ sales and cost of production data and subsidies obtained from their governments with varying degrees of complexity that complies with U.S. AD/CVD statute, regulations, policies, and practices administered by the DOC.
- Performs extensive research to identify all parties and factual evidence relevant to DOC analysis.
- Assists client’s preparation for on-site visits by DOC officials. Assists client’s appeals of DOC determinations before the U.S. Court of International Trade and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Assists client’s proceedings before the U.S. International Trade Commission pursuant to Title VII of the Tariff Act of 1930, as amended.
- Assists clients by monitoring ship manifest and official U.S. import data to identify shifts in trade patterns from specific foreign industries and countries.
- Independent Economic Consultant, TradeEcon Resources, LLC (2018-2022)
- International Trade Advisor, Private law practice (2016-2018)
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- Supervisory International Trade Compliance Analyst (2007-2015)
- International Trade Compliance Analyst (2000-2006)
B.B.A., University of Texas at San Antonio