Amanda is an associate in the firm’s White Collar Defense & Government Investigations Practice. She represents corporate clients and their executives in government and internal investigations, civil enforcement matters, and criminal investigations alleging false claims, financial institution fraud, securities fraud, health care fraud, money laundering, and public corruption.
- Liaised with military law enforcement on criminal cases and administrative matters and advised veterans and dependents on civil law issues.
- Reviewed commander directed investigation for legal sufficiency.
- Researched government contract law issues for bid protests and claims; analyzed claimants’ request for attorney fees.
- Drafted order of proof for potential criminal prosecution and drafted legal reviews on topics including Airmen discharges and demotions, a Freedom of Information Act request, and memoranda of understanding/agreement.
- Law Clerk, Honorable Magistrate Judges, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2019-2021)
- Action Officer, Grand Forks Air Force Base (2018-2019)
- Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, Grand Forks Air Force Base (2017-2018)
- Intern, Air Force Legal Operations Agency, Contract Litigation Field Support Center, Joint Base Andrews (2016)
- Intern, Ellsworth Air Force Base (2015)
- Cadet Summer Research Program, Air Force General Counsel’s Office (2013)
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School
B.S., Distinguished Graduate, United States Air Force Academy
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2019-2021)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Colorado Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Related News & Insights
- AlertNew Congressional Report Raises Possibility of False Claims Act Scrutiny for Fintech Companies Involved In PPP LoansDuane C. Pozza, Nick Peterson, Amanda BlainDecember 7, 2022
- PodcastWiley Veterans in Law: Hard-Hitting Reflections on Service, Challenges, and AdvocacyWiley PodcastAmanda Blain, William K. Lane III, Lisa RechdenNovember 11, 2022
- Media MentionHow PPP Cases Could Impact False Claims Act BarBloomberg LawOctober 6, 2022
- AlertSupreme Court to Consider DOJ’s Dismissal Authority in False Claims Act Qui Tam CasesMark B. Sweet, Amanda BlainJune 28, 2022